Mozzarella Meatball Bake
1 lb ground beef
1/4 C chopped onion
2 cloves minced garlic
2 T olive oil
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t onion powder
1/2 T italian seasoning
1 packet or 1 t Stevia
1 ball fresh mozzarella cut into chunks
1 11 oz can tomato sauce
1 C shredded italian blend cheese
1. preheat oven to 375*. In a medium bowl combine beef, onion, an garlic. Form mixture into 2 inch balls. Press a mozzarella chunk into the middle and close it up.
2. place all meatballs in a cast iron pan or dutch oven, cooking in olive oil and turning several times until no longer pink.
3. reduce to medium low and add tomato sauce and seasonings and Stevia, cook on low 10 minutes.
4. cover meatballs and sauce with italian cheese and place entire pan in oven. Bake at 375* for 15 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbly.
* See my recipe for "90 second bread" for a great garlic bread side
* place over a cooked spaghetti squash