lbs chicken breast
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp Greek seasoning (I use Cavendars)
1 small container plain greek yogurt
1/3 C grated cucumber
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon
2 tbsp minced fresh dill
Pitas - Fathead dough recipe
Sliced red onion
1. Pound chicken to 1/2 in thickens, rub both sides with olive oil and season generously. Allow to marinate 30 minutes
2. Place grated cucumber inside several layers of paper towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
3. Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside
4. Divide fathead dough into 4 balls and press into pita-sized circles on a baking sheet. Bake at 400* 6 minutes or until top begins to lightly brown. Poke with a fork halfway through to release air bubbles. Use a spatula to separate from baking sheet, flip and place back in oven for 4-5 minutes or until top just begins to brown. Don't over-bake or they will become to firm to fold.
5. Grill (or bake) chicken until no longer pink, set aside for several minutes before slicing.
6. Use a large knife to slice chicken into thin "shaved" slices
7. To assemble gyros place a handful of chicken onto pita, top with tzatziki sauce, onions, an tomatoes. Serve immediately. If pitas are too firm, microwave for about 10 seconds to soften.