Dutch Oven Potroast
1 1/2 lb beef chuck roast (or similar)
1 C dry red wine
1 C beef stock
3 T olive oil
1 small red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
* preheat oven to 350*
1. In a dutch oven, brown all sides of roast in olive oil, over medium- high heat
2. Set roast aside and reduce heat to medium. Add onion and garlic and cook 5 minutes
3. Add wine and bring to simmer, scraping up bits on the bottom of the pan.
4. Return roast to pan, add beef stock and simmer for 5 minutes. Cover dutch oven and place in the preheated oven. Allow to bake for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours. Check occasionally-rotate roast and spoon liquid over top. Roast is done when fork- tender.
* Meal ideas - serve over top of "cauli-mashed potatoes" or open faced on "90 Second Bread"