Shan's Chocolate Cake Cookies
4 TBSP butter - melted
1/2 C cocoa powder - unsweetened
1/2 C Stevia baking blend (granulated, not confectioners)
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 C almond flour
1. Preheat over to 350*
2. Whisk together cocoa powder, Stevia, and baking powder
3. Add eggs and butter and mix with hand mixer on low until smooth (2 minutes)
4. Add almond flour and continue with hand mixer for 1 minute
5. Batter will be thick like a brownie batter. Use a spoon to drop onto baking sheet. Cookies will hold shape so flatten them with a spoon if you prefer a larger flat cookie as opposed to a taller fluffy cookie.
6. Bake at 250* for approximately 12 minutes. It can be hard to tell when they're done since they are so dark. I like a softer cookie so I pull them out when I can tap the top with a finger or spoon and its firm on the surface but squishy underneath.
* My family likes to use these cookies for ice cream sandwiches in which case we flatten them out with a spoon before baking.
* Our favorite combo is Halo Top's "Peanut Butter and Jelly" ice cream